- Looking forward to visiting The Complementary Medicine Exhibition tomorrow and hoping to learn new information in the lectures. @Camexpo #
- Are you on medications? This site tells you what nutrients your meds will be depleting http://t.co/fh2MkVbQEx @KnowYourNeeds #Mytavin #
- What to know why we are less fertile in today's modern world? Just found this great article from @ButterNutrition http://t.co/Sohtjm1xuh #
- Details on Neal's Yard 20% off offer. http://t.co/h0ZQQusyLP #
- Hurray! Neal's Yard are having a 20% off day for one day only. Order online on Thursday 24th September Order https://t.co/B6inmIkygy #
Clinical Nutritional Therapist Cheltenham, Gloucester for Optimum Health
Welcome. My name is Laila Lewis (BSc Hons, Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHC); I am a fully qualified and registered clinical nutritional therapist, and the founder of Nourishing by Nature with a clinic in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. I am also a team member of The Nutrition Coach in London’s Harley Street and I believe everyone has the potential to nourish themselves to optimum health through balancing themselves physiologically and emotionally and that the foundation of this is clinical naturopathic nutrition.
How Nourishing by Nature and clinical nutritional therapy help you
Nutrition and lifestyle approaches to healthcare have been repeatedly shown to support all the systems of the body and nutritional therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health and peak performance. In addressing nutritional imbalances the body is supported towards optimum health and vitality. Nutritional Therapists believe that the body has the natural ability to maintain and restore health and work on creating the right conditions for this to occur. To help you achieve this, my mission is to provide you with the support, inspiration and down to earth, friendly advice that enable you to make long-term positive change.
A Functional Medicine approach to healing
Functional Medicine aims to address the underlying causes of disease and imbalance via using a systems-oriented approach and involves the client and practitioner entering into a therapeutic partnership. Rather than taking the traditional medical disease-centred approach, this more patient-centred approach works with the whole person and not isolated symptoms and the roots of disharmony are explored. Taking this approach means that a consultation involves much more than simply giving a Client advice on what to eat. Yes that is a fundamental part, but consultations involve discussion of a Client’s health history and looking for the interactions amongst genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. Functional testing is also often recommended as a way to giving detailed information about physiological imbalances. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Please click here to find out more about my approach.
How clinical nutritional therapy can help
Clinical nutritional therapy can help you with the following and much more:
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Maintaining optimal digestion and absorption
- Stimulating natural detoxification and elimination
- Optimising fertility
- Optimising immunity
- Aiding and supporting optimal thyroid function and performance
- Reducing hormone imbalance
- Promoting emotional and psychological wellbeing with stressful modern lifestyle
- Helping to balance blood sugar
- Improving tolerance to foods
- Supporting healthy skin condition
- Reducing high cholesterol
- Reducing high blood pressure
How can you be sure I offer a professional Nutritional Therapy service?
As a full member of The British Association For Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the government’s Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) you can be confident that I have undertaken thorough, quality training which I keep to to date and that I am fully insured and follow a strict Code of Professional Practice.
Please click on the logos below to take you to my profiles held with these organisations.
Do you have a particular health condition or symptoms you would like to address? Would you like to lose weight? Are you confused about the various mixed messages we get on what to eat? Do you need help identifying the diet and lifestyle issues that are preventing you from healing? Or are you simply looking to increase energy and vitality? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then I would love to talk to you about how we begin your nourishing journey to optimal health.
Click here to find out more about how nutritional therapy can help you in Cheltenham, Gloucester or please feel free to call on 07768056048 or email me at email@example.com to arrange a free, no obligation 15 minute consultation to see how I can help you.